Navigating grocery store aisles for healthy and nutritional choices can be difficult and overwhelming. To help you and your family make better food choices, eat healthier, and feel great we have created our Eat Right Feel Great program. As a part of this program you may have noticed the Eat Right Feel Great Dietitian Approved logo around the store and in the ad. Products with this logo have been analyzed and approved by our in-store Reasor's Registered Dietitians in order to help educate our customers as well as help you make healthier decisions in our grocery store aisles with ease. The criteria used to select these items were based off the most recent Dietary Guidelines for Americans which sets the standards for healthy eating recommendations.
A Dietitian Approved product must meet at least one of these listed requirements.
- Be whole grain rich (first ingredient must be a whole grain or may be the second ingredient if this first ingredient is water)
- The first ingredient listed on a product must be a fruit, vegetable, dairy, or protein food
- Must contain at least 10% of the Daily Value of one of the nutrients of public health concern as outlined in the Dietary Guidelines for Americans: Calcium, Potassium, Dietary Fiber, and Vitamin D.
- Must be a beverage free from added sugars and artificial sweeteners.
A Dietitian Approved product must meet at least three of these listed requirements.
- Sodium: ≤200 mg
- Total Fat: ≤35% from calories
- Saturated Fat: ≤10% of calories
- Trans-Fat: ≤0 grams
- Sugar: ≤35% of weight from total serving weight
Requirements are measured by the listed serving size on product packaging.
Look for the Eat Right Feel Great Dietitian Approved tag and logo in store and in the weekly ad for healthy items we've selected to make shopping healthy, quick, and easy. If you have more questions about this program or are interested in furthering your healthy habits please stop by and see one of our in-store Reasor's Registered Dietitians today!