Recipe Courtesy of Reasor's
- Place corned beef and seasoning packet in large heavy pot; add water. Bring to a boil and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add onions and carrots. Bring back to a boil and skim off fat.
- Add cinnamon stick, bay leaves, coriander seeds, peppercorns, cabbage and parsley; reduce heat to medium-low and cover. Simmer approximately 4 hours until beef is tender. When brisket pierces easily, it is ready.
- Drain the water, place brisket on a platter and let stand about 10 minutes.
- Slice diagonally across the grain and serve with cabbage, carrots and onion.