Jazzy Rib Roast
Recipe Courtesy of Certified Angus Beef LLC
Prized for its intense flavor and grand appearance, this roast has one unusual characteristic. It makes three portions attached to the bone, and additional servings come from between the bone-in portions. Tolerate the bone, chefs say it actually enriches this cut's flavor.
- Prepare Orleans Pepper Rub: Combine red, white and 1/4 tablespoon black pepper, onion powder and kosher salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Place roast, lean side down, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Rub the entire roast with pepper rub.
- Place roast in the oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°F and continue roasting 2 hours for medium doneness or 150°F internal temperature. Remove from oven and allow roast to rest, covered, for 10-15 minutes.
- Perpare Caramelized Onion Jam: Cook onions, butter, sugar, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes in covered, heavy skillet over low heat, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft and pale golden, about 30 minutes. Add wine, vinegar, apricots and tomatoes. Simmer uncovered stirring occasionally until thick, about 20-30 minutes. Keep warm and serve with roast.
- Slice across the grain, cutting three portions attached to the bone and additional portions from between the bone-in slices. Serve with onion jam on top of or with roast.
Servings: 5 to 6