Top Sirloin with Balsamic Reduction
Recipe Courtesy of Certified Angus Beef LLC
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat oil in heavy skillet (not nonstick) over medium-high heat.
- Season steaks with salt and pepper; sear in skillet for 1 to 2 minutes on each side.
- Place steaks in oven around 5 minutes for medium-rare, or until desired doneness.
- Remove pan from oven; add shallots, garlic, thyme, butter and baste steaks. Remove steaks from pan. Let rest for 3 to 5 minutes and serve with reduction.
- To create reduction, pour vinegar in heavy-bottomed sauce pan and cook over medium heat until it reaches sauce consistency. The bubbles will change from small, to big, to small again; remove from heat and place pan in ice to cool rapidly. Once cooled, pour reduction into a squeeze bottle or dish. Reduction will last up to 6 months.
Not all of the reduced balsamic vinegar will be used in this recipe. Because of its sugar content, the recommended quantity should be use to minimize the potential for burning. Remaining reduction will last six months and can be used with many delicious dishes.