Chinese Pork and Vegetables
Recipe Courtesy of Reasor's
- Trim excess fat from meat; cut meat into 1/4-to1/2 inch cubes.
- Heat 1 Tbs. oil in large skillet; brown meat. Drain off fat.
- Dissolve bouillon cube in boiling water; pour 1/3 cup of the bouillon on meat.
- Cover and simmer until tender, about 25 minutes.
- Remove meat and liquid from skillet; set aside.
- In same skillet, cook and stir onion, green pepper and mushrooms in 2 tablespoons oil until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in meat and liquid, chow mein vegetables, remaining bouillon and the soy sauce.
- Mix cornstarch and 1/4 cup water; gradually stir into meat mixture.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils.
- Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Serve on rice.