Recipe Courtesy of Reasor's
- Mix flour, salt and pepper; coat meat with flour mixture.
- Melt shortening in Dutch oven; brown meat over medium-high heat.
- Drain off fat.
- Pour water into Dutch oven.
- Cover and bake in 325° oven for 1 hour.
- Drain off all but 1/2 to 1 inch of drippings from Dutch oven.
- Spoon 1/3 of the Cherry Glaze on meat.
- Bake uncovered 30 minutes, spooning a small amount of glaze on meat every 10 minutes.
- Serve remaining glaze with meat.
- Cherry Glaze: Combine 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling, 1/4 cup vinegar and 1/4 tsp. each salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves in saucepan. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; simmer 2 minutes. Keep warm over low heat while glazing meat.