Beer-Braised Loin of Pork
Recipe Courtesy of Reasor's
- Brown pork loin well on all sides in a kettle or Dutch oven; remove from pan.
- Sauté onions and carrots until soft in pork drippings.
- Stir in beer, salt, pepper, bay leaf and whole cloves.
- Return pork to kettle and cover.
- Braise in moderate oven (350° ) 2 hours, or until pork is tender when pierced with a fork.
- Place pork on platter and keep warm.
- Pour cooking liquid from kettle into a large bowl.
- Skim off fat; remove bay leaf.
- Place liquid and solids in container of electric blender and whirl at low speed until smooth.
- Pour sauce into saucepan.
- Heat to boiling, stirring often.
- Stir in a little gravy coloring, if you wish.
- Generously spoon the sauce over the pork after it has been sliced.