Recipe Courtesy of Reasor's
- In a Dutch oven make a brown roux with oil and flour.
- Add white onions, and stir until brown.
- Add chicken livers, celery, parsley, green onions, green pepper, garlic and stir.
- Add salt, pepper, and cayenne.
- Cook for 5 minutes over medium heat; then add 1/2 cup stock and cook an additional 15 minutes.
- Skim excess oil from top of mixture and remove from heat.
- In a separate pan cook 2 cups rice in 4 cups stock until fluffy.
- Fold rice into vegetable mixture and correct seasoning.
- To serve, warm in 350° oven for 20 minutes.