Cajun Red Beans & Rice
Recipe Courtesy of Reasor's
- Cover beans with water and soak overnight.
- Drain and rinse before cooking.
- Combine beans with 5 cups water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 45 minutes to 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Add another 4 cups water and add celery, onion, bell pepper, bay leaves, and remaining ingredients.
- Cook until beans are tender and begin breaking up.
- Cook rice.\', \'Mound 3/4 cup rice on plate and spoon generous serving of beans over the rice.