Almond Macaroon Crisps
Recipe Courtesy of Reasor's
These light confections are so good that you will never buy store bought almond cookies again!
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper or foil; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine almonds and sugar; stir to mix well.
- In another bowl, whisk together egg whites and almond extract until soft peaks form.
- Add egg whites to almond mixture.
- Stir to form a soft batter.
- With a teaspoon, spoon batter onto baking sheets, spacing cookies apart, about 12 cookies per sheet.
- Bake in the center of oven about 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and transfer parchment sheets to cooling racks until cookies begin to firm up, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- With a sharp knife, lift cookies from parchment and transfer to racks to cool completely.
Servings: Makes 3 dozen