Zucchini, Onion and Carrot Saute
Recipe Courtesy of Reasor's
The delicate flavor of olive oil offers a change from the usual one of butter or margarine used in dishes of this type. Add to this all the savory qualities onions present when sauteed with mild vegetables. The color combination also pleases the eye.
- Wash zucchini but do not peel.
- Cut into thin, diagonal slices.
- Put into 10-inch skillet.
- Add carrots, onions, salt, black pepper and basil.
- Pour olive oil over top.
- Stir gently until well mixed with vegetables.
- Over medium heat saute vegetables for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cover vegetables and cook 5 minutes longer.
- Remove cover.
- Stir and cook about 10 more minutes until vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Serve very hot.