Recipe Courtesy of Reasor's
- Soak bread crumbs in milk until softened.
- Add onion to 1 Tbsp butter in small saucepan and cook slowly 3 minutes.
- Mix softened bread, cooked onion and meat.
- Add eggs, salt, pepper, nutmeg and paprika.
- Mix thoroughly until very smooth and light.
- Shape meat into small balls, dusting the hands with flour while shaping the balls.
- Melt remaining 3 Tbsp butter in large frying pan.
- Add meat balls and fry until golden brown all over.
- Remove from pan and add meat extract and 3 Tbsp flour.
- Stir until well blended.
- Add water, and a few grains of pepper.
- Cook, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Reduce heat to very low and cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream, a rounded tablespoon at a time, stirring until thoroughly blended after each addition.
- Return meat balls to gravy, cover pan and simmer very gently 10 minutes.
- Serve in deep casserole.
- Sprinkle with minced parsley.
Servings: Makes 6 dozen