Sesame-Soy Marinated Chuck Roast
Recipe Courtesy of Reasor's
Flavored with soy sauce and sesame seeds, this chuck roast is marinated overnight. The coffee and vinegar help to tenderize the roast, which is baked in a covered casserole in a slow oven for 2 1/2 hours.
- Place roast in large bowl or dish with cover.
- Brown sesame seeds in butter 1 minute over medium heat in shallow pan.
- Add coffee, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and vinegar.
- Heat to boiling.
- Pour marinade over roast.
- Marinate overnight, covered.
- Remove roast from marinade.
- Brown on both sides in heavy flame-proof casserole.
- Pour marinade over, cover.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Remove roast from casserole.
- Remove excess fat.
- Strain drippings, bring to boil.
- Add cornstarch mixed with sherry or water.
- Whisk until thickened.
- Stir in additional teaspoon of sesame seeds, if desired.
- Pour over roast.
- Slice to serve.