Recipe Courtesy of Reasor's
Red rice is the handiest sort of dish to have in your repertoire because it goes so well with most main meat dishes, whether it is barbecued chicken or meat, ham, or roasted meat.
- Cut bacon into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Put into heavy saucepan with lid.
- Sauté for 3 to 4 minutes until crisp.
- Remove bacon and reserve.
- Add onion and green pepper.
- Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, water, sugar, if used., salt, black pepper and rice.
- Blend well.
- Heat to boiling.
- Cover and steam for 20 to 25 minutes or until rice has absorbed all the liquid.
- Sprinkle with reserved bacon and chopped parsley.
- Serve immediately or cover and keep warm until ready to serve.