Recipe Courtesy of Reasor's
This manicotti is actually good for you! Healthy and delicious - what more could you ask?
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 cup Onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Celery, chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon each Oregano, basil, thyme
- 2 (15 oz.) cans Tomato Puree
- 2 cups Water
- 1 pound Soft Tofu, drained, rinsed
- 10 ounces Pkg. Frozen Chopped Spinach, thawed, squeezed dry
- 12 Manicotti Tubes, dry
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese, part-skim, shredded
Add Ingredients to Shopping List
- In large, non-stick fry pan, sauté onion, celery, garlic, basil, thyme, oregano in oil.
- Cook, stirring often, until onion is soft.
- Add tomato puree and water.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover, simmer 25 minutes, stirring often.
- Meanwhile, mix tofu and spinach in a bowl and blend well.
- Evenly stuff dry manicotti with mixture.
- Spread half the tomato sauce in 9x13\" baking pan.
- Set manicotti in sauce; top with remaining sauce.
- Cover and bake in 375° oven until pasta is tender (about 50 minutes).
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.