Recipe Courtesy of Reasor's
Traditionally served on festive holidays, eggnog is actually good anytime. To the usual milk and egg mixture is added the tanginess of fresh citrus juices. Serve this drink with a plateful of fresh baked cookies or as a refreshing drink for breakfast.
- Beat egg yolks until thick and lemon colored.
- Gradually beat in 1 Tbs. of the sugar.
- Stir in the orange and lemon juices, blending well.
- Add the milk and stir until well combined.
- Cover and chill at this point if you are not serving immediately.
- Beat egg whites with pinch of salt until soft peaks form.
- Beat in the remaining sugar until egg whites are stiff.
- Beat egg whites into the orange juice mixture.
- Pour into glasses.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg and serve well chilled.