Pasta with Fresh Vegetable Sauce
Recipe Courtesy of Reasor's
A terrific make-ahead, this dish is excellent served immediately after it is prepared or it can be refrigerated and served later.
- 1 package (10 oz.) Pasta or Noodles
- Boiling Salted Water
- 1/3 cup Olive or Salad Oil
- 2 Medium Tomatoes, peeled, seeded, diced
- 1 Bunch Green Onions, thinly sliced
- 2 Stalks Celery, thinly sliced
- 1 Small Carrot Shredded
- 1 Green Pepper, chopped
- 1 Small Cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 Small Zucchini, diced
- 1/4 cup Fresh Basil, chopped or 2 tablespoons dried basil leaves
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/8 Additional Olive Oil (optional)
Add Ingredients to Shopping List
- Cook pasta in salted boiling water about 6 to 8 minutes or until al dente.
- Rinse under cold water.
- Drain well.
- Place into large mixing bowl.
- Drizzle oil over pasta, tossing well.
- Transfer to wide serving dish.
- Sprinkle with the vegetables and basil.
- At the table, add salt, black pepper to taste and more olive oil, if used.
- Garnish with parsley and/or some green peas.