Crispy Oatmeal Cookies
Recipe Courtesy of Reasor's
These are simple cookies and contain no egg in the mixture. They turn out crispy and thin.
- Combine oats, flour, brown sugar, butter and salt into large mixing bow.
- Blend until butter is thoroughly worked into mixture.
- Stir together water and baking soda.
- Stir soda mixture into oat mixture.
- Add nuts, if used, blending well.
- Shape into balls the size of walnuts.
- Flatten with the bottom of a glass dipped in water, then dipped into sugar.
- Bake at 375° for 8 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Cool on racks.
Servings: makes 2 1/2 dozen