Chunky Bran Drops
Recipe Courtesy of Reasor's
Foods can be nutritious as well as enjoyable. These easily made crunchy cookies are a case in point.
- Cream together butter, sugar, egg and vanilla until well blended.
- Mix flour, bran, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Blend into first mixture (dough will be stiff).
- Stir in dates and nuts.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonful 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets (cookies will spread some).
- Top with date slices.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes or until browned.
- Remove to racks to cool.
- Store airtight.