Recipe Courtesy of Reasor's
- Mix flour and butter in a bowl with your fingertips. Add salt and water and knead only until dough is well mixed. Dough should be made 12 hours ahead. Cover with a wet towel and place in the refrigerator.
- Roll the dough until it is 1/8 inch thick and line four 4-inch pie pans. Then line the pastry shell with foil and raw beans.
- Cook the shells in a 325° oven for 15 minutes. Discard the foil and beans.
- Spread the bacon on the bottom of the half cooked pastry shells.
- Beat the cream with eggs, salt, pepper, nutmeg and cheese. Pour mixture into pastry shells. Place in a preheated 400° oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until the quiche rises and the top browns.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes