Recipe Courtesy of Reasor's
Delicious cold soup for a hot day
- Combine water, vinegar and lime juice.
- Add bread to liquid and let soak while you prepare vegetables.
- Core, peel, seed, and roughly chop tomatoes.
- Peel, seed and roughly chop pepper.
- Peel, seed and roughly chop cucumber.
- Peel and dice onion.
- If desired, reserve some chopped vegetables for garnish.
- Place all vegetables and parsley in the bowl of a food processor or blender.
- Pulse several times.
- Add bread and soaking liquid.
- Pulse several more times.
- With blender running, drizzle in olive oil until you reach desired consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper and Tabasco, to taste.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
- Serve chilled and garnish with reserved vegetables