Seeded Cheese Rounds
Recipe Courtesy of Reasor's
These rounds really do melt in the mouth. They can be made ahead and reheated and are even good when not heated.
- Cream butter with mixer or food processor using steel blade.
- Blend in cheese, flour and cayenne, if used.
- Chill about 1 hour.
- Shape into 1-inch balls.
- Put some of each seed in small dishes Sprinkle 1/2 of the balls with sesame seeds and remaining 1/2 with poppy seeds.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet 1 l/2-inches apart.
- Chill 1 hour.
- If refrigerator space is limited, put balls all on 1 sheet.
- Move to other sheets to bake.
- Bake at 400°F about 10 minutes.
- Do not brown.
- The rounds will not be dry when done.
- Cool on baking sheets.
- Store in airtight containers in cool place.
- Reheat slightly to serve, if desired.