Bavarian Cabbage Salad
Recipe Courtesy of Reasor's
As a change from coleslaw, this salad goes particularly well with roast pork.
- Wash the cabbage.
- Slice into very thin strips.
- Place into a saucepan.
- Cover with cold salted water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Drain well.
- Cut bacon crosswise into thin strips.
- Fry until crisp.
- Peel and chop the onion.
- Add to the bacon, sautéing for 1 minute.
- In a bowl, combine the cabbage, bacon and onion.
- In a separate bowl, blend the vinegar, sugar, salt, black pepper and cumin seeds.
- Pour over the cabbage, mixing well.
- Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes to blend flavors.
- Serve cold.