Spinach Pea Soup
Recipe Courtesy of Reasor's
This is a creamy pureed pea soup with a more interesting look. Darker green flecks of spinach mingle with the lighter green of split peas.
- Rinse the peas.
- Soak for about 1 hour in warm water.
- Meanwhile, sauté bacon, celery, onion and carrots until mixture is soft.
- Bring broth to a boil.
- Add drained peas (save water for thinning, if needed) and sautéed vegetables.
- Simmer, covered, for about 1 1/4 hours or until peas are tender.
- Stir in spinach and thyme.
- Puree soup in food mill or in blender.
- Reheat and thin, if needed.
- Season with black pepper and wine, if desired.
- Serve with garnishes of your choice.