Recipe Courtesy of Reasor's
This is a great dish to serve when you have a buffet party as it can be made ahead of time.
- In heavy casserole or skillet heat the oils.
- Add a few pieces of veal at a time, without crowding, and brown well on all sides.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and flour.
- Stir and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add tomato paste, garlic, wine, broth, parsley, bay leaf, celery leaf and thyme.
- Bring to boiling and simmer for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in heavy saucepan.
- Add onions and sauté until nicely browned.
- Stir in mushrooms and brown, adding more butter if necessary.
- Add onions and mushrooms to casserole after 1 hour of simmering.
- Continue simmering for another 30 minutes.
- Transfer to serving platter and garnish with parsley.