Recipe Courtesy of Reasor's
Veal shoulder is a fairly inexpensive cut with tender and juicy meat when pan braised.
- Wipe the veal with damp paper towel.
- Set aside.
- In a heavy pan or flameproof casserole heat the olive oil, butter and garlic over medium heat until foamy.
- Add meat to pan.
- Sprinkle with rosemary.
- Brown for 5 minutes turning meat 3 or 4 times.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add wine.
- Simmer 1 minute.
- Cover and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer at very low heat for 2 hours or until meat is very tender and deeply browned, turning it 3 or 4 times.
- If necessary, add 1 or 2 Tbs.
- water to pan.
- Transfer meat to cutting board and remove bones.
- With sharp knife, slice across grain in thin slices.
- Arrange on serving platter.
- Keep warm.
- Skim fat from pan.
- Add 1/4 cup water.
- Heat to boiling.
- Whisk brownings from bottom of pan until sauce is smooth and blended.
- Strain over meat on platter.
- Serve immediately.