Skillet Corn Bread
Recipe Courtesy of Reasor's
There are many variations of corn bread. This one is firm, has a crispy crust, and doesn't fall apart.
- Beat eggs with sugar until blended.
- Sift together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with the buttermilk to the egg-sugar mixture.
- Stir thoroughly after each addition. Stir in melted butter.
- Melt the 1 tsp. butter in a 9-inch cast iron skillet and thoroughly coat sides.
- Pour batter into the warm skillet. Bake at 400°F for 30 minutes or until top just begins to brown.
- Serve warm in wedges from the skillet.
Servings: Makes a dozen