Recipe Courtesy of Reasor's
As if by magic, this cake creates its own beautiful picture as it bakes.
- Cream butter and sugar and add eggs.
- Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla.
- Stir in flour and salt to make smooth dough.
- Spread into a buttered 13-by-9-inch dish or 10 or 11-inch buttered tart pan with removable bottom.
- Halve the apples.
- Make cuts in the apples 1/4-inch apart but not all the way through, so the halves still hold together.
- Press the halves flat side down, making an attractive arrangement on the top of the batter.
- Brush apples with melted butter.
- Sprinkle with the brown sugar.
- Bake at 425 F for 30 minutes until cake is golden and apples are cooked through