Hot Ham and Cheese Sandwiches
Recipe Courtesy of Reasor's
Besides being a great idea for lunch that children as well as adults adore, you can serve these sandwiches as an hors d'oeuvre by removing the crusts and cutting the prepared sandwich into 4 triangles.
- Place 1 slice of cheese and 1 slice of ham between each 2 slices of bread.
- Cut each sandwich into 2 triangles.
- Melt the butter in a skillet and brown the sandwiches on both sides in the bubbling butter.
- Or, for a different twist, grill the sandwiches in a waffle iron.
- In this case, chop the ham and grate the cheese.
- Spread between the bread slices.
- Instead of browning the sandwiches in the skillet, melt the butter and lightly brush it on the outer sides of the sandwiches.
- Preheat waffle iron and set at medium to medium high heat.
- Place sandwiches between grids, close lid and toast about 2 minutes or until browned.
- Since waffle irons vary, check directions to be sure you can add butter to your iron.
- Serve immediately