Spaghetti alla Carbonara
Recipe Courtesy of Reasor's
Steamy strands of pasta are tossed with crisp bacon pieces, a Parmesan cheese-egg sauce and lots of cracked black pepper.
- Cook spaghetti according to directions.
- Meanwhile, fry bacon over moderate heat until crisp.
- Drain all but 1 Tbsp.
- Add the red pepper, if used, and the half-and-half.
- Keep warm in skillet.
- Beat eggs with the cheese in a separate bowl.
- When pasta is tender but firm, drain well.
- Transfer to a warm serving bowl and mix with the butter.
- Toss with the bacon mixture, followed by the egg mixture.
- Sprinkle with parsley, black pepper to taste and Parmesan cheese.