Recipe Courtesy of Reasor's
This is a rich dish that needs only a salad and fruit or frutice to complete a satisfying dinner.
- Cook shells as directed on package.
- Sauté ground beef.
- Mix cottage or ricotta cheese, butter and tomato sauce until well blended.
- Stir in mushrooms and green pepper, blending well.
- Add oregano, salt and black pepper.
- Place layer of cooked shells in bottom of lightly buttered casserole.
- Cover with layer of cottage cheese mixture.
- Top with half the pepperoni.
- Place 2 slices Mozzarella cheese on top.
- Crumble with 1/3 ground beef evenly over cheese.
- Repeat layers until all ingredients are used, ending with Mozzarella cheese on top, ringed with pepperoni slices.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes until hot and bubbly.