Recipe Courtesy of Reasor's
Although pickled peaches are easy to buy, why deprive yourself of the chance of making your own.
- Pick only fresh peaches of good quality.
- Combine sugar, vinegar and the spices tied in cheesecloth (for easy removal) in a large pot.
- Boil for 10 to 15 minutes over medium heat until syrupy.
- Meanwhile, peel peaches.
- Leave whole or halve and pit.
- Immediately drop into the hot syrup.
- Cook 5 minutes or until tender.
- Remove spice bag.
- Stud peaches with cloves.
- Pack into hot, sterilized jars, adding syrup to within 1/2-inch of top.
- Seal jars.