Recipe Courtesy of Reasor's
Keep this cooked ground meat mixture on hand, refrigerated, or frozen for quick-to-fix sandwiches that appeal to all ages.
- Brown ground beef in skillet over moderate heat, stirring until pinkness disappears.
- Stir in cheese, potted meat, oregano, sage, fennel, Italian herbs and garlic powder.
- Add tomato sauce.
- At this point mixture may be refrigerated for later serving.
- Reheat mixture until bubbly.
- Spoon onto split hamburger buns or on length of French bread which has been split horizontally.
- Top with the cheese.
- Place under broiler.
- Broil until cheese melts, about 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately.