Creamy Peaches and Rice
Recipe Courtesy of Reasor's
Quickly prepared, this dish featuring canned peaches and rice is made into something special with the addition of spices.
- Cook rice with the salt in the boiling water for 15 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Drain, if necessary but leave in saucepan.
- Drain peaches, reserving 1/4 cup syrup.
- Set aside 4 to 8 peach slices.
- Chop remaining peaches.
- Mix chopped peaches, reserved syrup, sugar, butter, spices and lemon juice.
- Add to hot cooked rice, mixing well.
- Put saucepan over medium heat and cook mixture for 5 minutes.
- Turn into buttered, shallow 1 1/2-quart baking dish.
- Pour cream over.
- Arrange reserved peach slices on top.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Serve warm.
- Or let cool, serve in individual dishes with additional cream.