Recipe Courtesy of Reasor's
An updated version of pumpkin pie
- Prepare Pumpkin Cake: Preheat oven to 375°. Spray 15 X 10-inch rimmed baking pan or jelly roll pan with nonstick cooking spray; line with parchment paper and spray paper with nonstick cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In large bowl, beat eggs and granulated sugar on medium speed 5 minutes or until thick and lemon colored. Reduce speed to low and add pumpkin and vanilla extract; mix until just combined. Add flour mixture and mix until just combined. Pour batter into prepared baking pan; with rubber spatula, evenly spread batter to edges of pan. Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle cake liberally with powdered sugar; place dish towel over cake. While holding towel tight onto short end of pan, immediately flip cake onto work surface. Gently peel parchment paper off cake and sprinkle cake liberally with additional powdered sugar. Starting at short end of cake, roll up warm cake and the towel together; cool completely.
- Prepare Cream Cheese Filling: In medium bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla extract on medium speed 2 minutes or until smooth. Add powdered sugar and beat 1 minute or until smooth. Stir in cranberries and pecans.
- To assemble roulade, unroll cake; remove towel and evenly spread filling over cake. Start at short end of cake, roll up cake with filling. Roulade may be wrapped tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerated up to 2 days in advance. To serve, sprinkle roulade with additional powdered sugar, garnish with pecan halves, if desired, and slice
Chef Tip: To toast pecan pieces, spread pieces in single layer on rimmed baking pan and bake at 350° for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown.