Stovetop BBQ Beans
Recipe Courtesy of Reasor's
Stovetop BBQ Beans with My Brother Oogs BBQ Sauce
- In a 4 qt sauce pan, cook bacon until slightly crisp, drain bacon on paper towels.
- Remove all but 4 tablespoons of bacon drippings and add onion cook over medium heat until onions are soft.
- While onion is cooking crumble bacon
- After onion has cooked add, chili powder, tomato paste, molasses, apple cider vinegar, smoke flavoring, BBQ sauce and bacon, stir until all ingredients are combined.
- After ingredients have been combined add beans and water, stir till beans are covered in sauce cook over medium heat till sauce begins to bubble, cover pan and reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.*
- Salt and pepper if desired before serving
- *add additional water as needed or for preferred consistency
Cook Time: 30 minutes