Grilled Tenderloin with Cumin, Green Tomatillos and Onion Salsa
- Butterfly pork tenderloin lengthwise. Flatten pork with the palm of your hand to achieve even thickness. cover with oil and season with cumin, salt and pepper.
- Prepare grill for medium-high heat. Grill tomatillos, jalapeños and onion for about 5 to 10 minutes, turning often, until soft. Remove vegetables from grill. Seed and stem jalapeños.
- Add tomatoes, jalapeños and half the onions to a blender or food processor; blend until mixture becomes a thick paste. Transfer to a serving dish and mix in water and cilantro, adding salt to taste.
- Place pork on the grill and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until internal temperature as measured with an instant-read thermometer is 160°F.
- Slice pork and arrange on a warm serving tray. Spoon some of the tomatillo mixture over the pork and decorate with the remaining grilled onions. Garnish with cilantro. Serve pork with remaining sauce.