Marinated Steak Nachos
Recipe Courtesy of The Mr. Food Test Kitchen 2014 Ginsburg Enterprises Inc
- In a 9-x13-inch baking dish, combine lemon juice, garlic, oregano, cumin, salt, and pepper. Add flank steak, turning to coat completely. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- Preheat broiler. Place steak on a rimmed baking sheet; discard excess marinade.
- Broil 8 to 9 minutes per side for medium, or until desired doneness beyond that. Allow to cool 10 minutes.
- Place steak on a cutting board and cut across the grain into thin slices, then cut into 1-inch pieces. Spread tortilla chips over two large rimmed baking sheets or oven-proof platter then top evenly with sliced steak and sprinkle with cheese. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F and bake 5 to 6 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
- Remove nachos from oven and slide onto a large platter; sprinkle with tomatoes and scallions. Serve immediately.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Option: Use more or less cheese, or even a different kind, and sprinkle your finished nachos with chopped green chilies or jalapeno peppers, olives, salsa, sour cream, or other toppings.