Asparagus, Papaya, Shrimp 'n' Pasta Salad
Recipe Courtesy of shoptocook.com
- Trim and rinse asparagus spears.
- In a large skillet, cook asparagus until crisp-tender, about 3 to 5 min. Do not overcook. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Chill and set aside 12 spears; cut remaining asparagus into 1" pieces.
- Remove seeds and cut half of papaya into eight 1/2" lengthwise slices - chill. Cut remaining half into bite-size pieces.
- In large bowl, combine sour cream, nectar, chutney and lemon peel. Add cooled pasta, mix well. Stir in asparagus and papaya pieces, shrimp and green onions. Chill briefly.
- To serve, spoon pasta mixture on lettuce leaves and arrange papaya and asparagus spears. Garnish with lemon twists or wedges and fresh mint, if desired.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Fresh bakery rolls and sliced mango.
Riesling/Rhine, Gewrztraminer, Sancerre
Calories: 295; Total Fat: 11g; Saturated Fat: 4g; Cholesterol: 80mg; Total Carbs: 50g; Fiber: 6g; Protein: 17g; Sodium: 193mg;