Sweet and Savory Argentine Empanadas
Recipe Courtesy of Courtesy of California Raisin Marketing Board
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper; set aside.
- Cook ground beef and onion over medium heat in nonstick skillet for 10 min. or until onion is very soft, breaking up beef with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in raisins, olives, salsa and seasonings.
- Unroll phyllo sheets and cover with a damp cloth.
- Place 1 sheet on a flat surface. Spray with cooking spray and top with another sheet.
- Repeat to layer 4 sheets.
- Cut stack into 6 equal pieces and brush edges with beaten egg.
- Place 2 Tbsp. of filling in the center of each piece of phyllo and fold over to enclose filling and make triangular shapes.
- Press edges tightly together to seal and cut away points to make semi-circles.
- Repeat until phyllo sheets and filling are all used.
- Arrange on baking sheet and brush with beaten egg.
- Bake for 15 min. or until lightly browned.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Note: Make ahead, store in refrigerator or freeze, and reheat in a 350°F oven until crisp
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Calories: 330; Total Fat: 10g; Saturated Fat: 4g; Cholesterol: 50mg; Total Carbs: 38g; Fiber: 3g; Sugar: 16g; Protein: 19g; Sodium: 430mg;