Herb-Topped Beef Roast with Roasted Cauliflower
Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Recipe
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Press 2 tsp. of garlic evenly onto all surfaces of beef roast. Press thyme evenly over roast.
- Place roast, fat-side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef, not resting in fat. Do not add water or cover. Roast on center rack in 325°F oven 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hrs. for medium rare; 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hrs. for medium doneness.
- Meanwhile, toss remaining 2 tsp. garlic, 4 Tbsp. oil and cauliflower on rimmed baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Cover with aluminum foil; bake on lower rack 45 min. Combine bread crumbs and remaining 2 Tbsp. oil. Remove foil; sprinkle bread crumbs evenly over cauliflower. Continue to bake, uncovered, 30-45 min. or until crumbs are golden brown and cauliflower begins to brown.
- Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare; 150°F for medium. Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 15-20 min. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F to reach 145°F for medium rare; 160°F for medium.)
- Carve roast into slices; season with salt and pepper, as desired. Serve with cauliflower
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Calories: 282; Total Fat: 13g; Saturated Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 56mg; Total Carbs: 12g; Fiber: 4g; Protein: 28g; Sodium: 254mg;