Asparagus - Grilled To Perfection
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil the grate
- Trim bottoms of asparagus (the woody part)
- Place asparagus on a plate and lightly coat the spears with the oil (see note below)
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Place asparagus on grill over high heat turning each spear occasionally for 3-4 minutes, or to desired tenderness (Asparagus should begin to brown in spots)
If you wish, soak some skewers for about 30 minutes in water. Then divide the asparagus into 6-8 bunches and thread 2 skewers crosswise through each bunch. Brush asparagus with oil and season with kosher salt and pepper. The skewers make it easier to turn the asparagus.