Vegetable Pasta with Fresh Tomatoes
Satisfying and robust in flavor this vegetable-filled all-in-one dinner needs only crusty bread and a beverage to complete the menu.
- Cut zucchini in quarters lengthwise and cut into 1/2 inch pieces. Place zucchini onion garlic and olive oil with seasonings in large deep skillet and saute over medium heat until soft.
- Stir often. Add prepared sauce mix well and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes and allow to heat thoroughly.
- In a separate pot cook pasta as directed on package. Drain well and place in large serving bowl. Add sauce and mix gently.
- Top with the reserved 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes and chopped herbs. Serve hot.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
An excellent source of vitamin A vitamin C folate and fiber and a good source of calcium magnesium and potassium.