Reasor’s Brings Back Popular Hatch Chile Fest, August 5-September 1Posted on August 5th, 2020
TULSA, OKLA (August 5, 2020) – Reasor’s brings back the wildly popular Hatch Chile Fest, which features a wide range of unique Hatch Chile-infused products along with on-site Hatch Chile roasting stations at select locations.
Hatch chiles are only grown one place in the whole world – Hatch Valley, New Mexico. The intense sunlight and cool nights of the Hatch Valley make it a unique environment to grow these chiles and makes their flavor different than any other chile. These medium-spicy peppers are typically roasted to produce a delicious, smoky enhancement to all types of recipes.
All Reasor’s locations will bring in a limited quantity of the seasonal peppers from New Mexico. Four stores will feature roasting’s during the event and will roast them on designated days for FREE with a purchase of a case of Hatch Chile peppers.
•Saturday, August 8th from 9 am to 4 pm at Owasso on 86th St. N.
•Saturday, August 15th from 9 to 4 pm at Broken Arrow
•Saturday, August 22nd from 9 to 4 pm at Bixby
•Saturday, August 29th from 9 to 4 pm at Brookside
Special protocols have been put in place for this year’s roasting program, which include:
• 6’ between each roaster
• Lines clearly marked with 6’ spacing
• Designated drop off / pick up locations
• Safety barriers for roasting areas
• and more
Customers will also have the option to pre-order and pay for their peppers online using Curbside, starting the Monday before the roasting and orders will be turned off online the Friday before or while supplies last. Customers will pick up their hatch-roasted peppers on Saturday at the store where the roasting’s are at, during their designated time slot.
Reasor’s will have unique Hatch chile-inspired products in nearly every department.
Features for 2020
• Produce – Hatch Chiles and Hatch Chile house made salsa
• Meat Department – Hatch Chile marinated kabobs, fajita meat, burgers, chicken, bratwurst, marinated Atlantic salmon, spatchcock chicken, hatch chile ground sausage and more
• Deli – Hatch Chile-spiced tortilla chips, sausage rolls, rotisserie chicken, mac and cheese, meatloaf, lunchmeat and cheeses.
• Bakery – Hatch Chile-spiced cornbread, chile bread, apple pie, and cream cheese Danish
• Floral – Hatch chile bouquet
• Grocery – Frozen Hatch chiles, Hatch- red and green chile wines, sauces
• Plus, much more!
Reasor’s® was founded 57 years ago at a single location in Tahlequah, Oklahoma by namesake, Larry Reasor. Today, the company has 17 locations and one convenience store throughout northeastern Oklahoma. In 2007, Reasor’s became employee-owned and now provides jobs for nearly 2,500 community members. For more information about Reasor’s, visit www.reasors.com.