If you take a close look at our weekly ad, you will see small symbols on certain products. Each one of them describes a feature of that product that adds value to the consumer. We want to help you make informed decisions about the products that you buy for your family. Below you will find the icons that are in the ad as well as a description as to what each logo means.
Wild Caught. Animals that are taken from the wild rather than bred from captive stock.
Fresh Never Frozen:
Protein items that have never been frozen.
First of the Season:
Primarily pertaining to produce items. Fruits or vegetables that have come from a new crop.
In Service Case
Items only purchased behind the meat or deli counters.
Items that have been branded Organic by the USDA. (Usually this logo is included on the packaging of Organic items)
Items that are grown or produced within a 350-mile radius of Northeastern Oklahoma
- Meats: Poultry, turkey, chicken breast, port tenderloin, pork chops, steak, bacon, pork, ground beef, grass-fed beef, chicken thighs, legs, wings, lamb rack or chops, shrimp, lobster, clams, salmon, venison, buffalo, Beef Steaks, rabbit, goat, bear, eggs (duck, chicken or goose)
- Vegetables: Asparagus, avocado, artichoke hearts, brussels sprouts, carrots, spinach, celery, broccoli, zucchini, cabbage, peppers, cauliflower, parsley, eggplant, green onions, butternut squash, acorn squash, yam, sweet potato, beets
- Oils/Fats: Coconut, olive, macadamia, avocado, grass fed butter
- Nuts & Seeds: Almonds, cashews, hazelnuts, pecans, pine nuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, macadamia nut, walnut
- Fruits: Apple, blackberries, papaya, peaches, plums, mango, lychee, blueberries, grapes, lemon, strawberries, watermelon, pineapple guava, lime, raspberries, cantaloupe, tangerine, figs, oranges, bananas
- Healthy Fats (Heavy Whipping Cream, Most Full Fat Dairy, Nut and Seed Oils, ie. Olive, Walnut, Macadamia, Avocado, Coconut. Butter, Ghee, Animal Fats, Cocoa Butter, MCT oil)
- Nuts and Seeds: Pecans, Brazils, Macadamia, Walnuts, Sunflower Seeds
- Protein: Beef, lamb, veal, venison, lamb pork, chicken, turkey, duck goose, liver, kidney, heart, kidney, tripe, tongue, salmon, trout, anchovies, tuna, mackerel, lobster, crab, clams, squid, shrimp, free-range eggs
- Non-Starchy Vegetables: watercress, celery, spinach, asparagus, lettuce, cucumber, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, green pepper, eggplant, kale, brussels sprouts, green beans
- Some Fruits: mainly berries of any kind, avocados
- Most Full Fat Dairy: Full fat yogurt (natural/Greek), cottage cheese, heavy cream, sour cream, hard cheeses
- Herbs & Spices: Salt, pepper, parsley, coriander, dill, basil, oregano, mint, cayenne, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves
- Beverages: Water, Unsweetened black tea and coffee, Herbal tea, vegetable or bone broth
Fresh Fruits, Fresh Vegetables, Beans, Fresh Meats (without marinades), low fat diary (minimally processed), frozen fruits and vegetables (without added sauces), corn, millet, rice, quinoa, sorghum, teff, amaranth, buckwheat, soy, potato flours, flax, tapioca
- Fruits and Vegetables: All
- Grains: Whole or enriched grains, rice, barley, popcorn, bulgur, oatmeal, quinoa, whole-grain cereals
- Nuts, Peanuts and Seeds: Peanuts or peanut butter, almonds and almond butter, pecans, and walnuts
- Soy Foods: Tofu, tempeh, soybeans and yogurt
- Beans, Peas and Lentils: Legumes (beans, split peas, lentils), Garbanzo beans, Kidney beans
- Dairy Products and Eggs: Reduced-fat dairy products
- Fruits and Vegetables: 10 servings a day of vegetables and fruits
- Grains: Whole grain with very few unhealthy trans fats (breads, cereal, rice and pasta)
- Healthy Fats: Extra virgin and virgin olive oils, canola oil and some nuts (almonds, cashews, pistachios, peanuts and natural peanut butter, sesame seeds or tahini), fatty fish (mackerel, lake trout, herring, sardines, albacore tuna, salmon)
- Spices: Season with herbs and spices rather than salt
- Dairy: Low fat dairy (skim milk, fat-free yogurt and low-fat cheese)
- Wine: A moderate amount (no more than 5 ounces for women (or men over age 65) and no more than 10 ounces for men under the age of 65.
- Fruits: Fresh, frozen (no sugar added), canned (in 100% juice), dried (no sugar added)
- Vegetables: Fresh, frozen (no sodium added), canned (no sodium added)
- Whole Grains: Ancient grains (amaranth, barley, millet, sorghum, & quinoa), corn, oatmeal, popcorn, rice (brown or wild), tortillas (corn or whole wheat), whole grain bread, whole grain pasta, whole grain cereal (low sugar)
- Proteins: Beans and peas (dried or canned), eggs, meat (lean cuts), nuts and seeds, poultry (skinless), seafood, soy
- Dairy: Kefir, greek yogurt (low-sugar and low-fat or fat-free), milk (low-fat or fat-free), yogurt (low-sugar, low-fat or fat free)
- Fruits and Vegetables: Fresh, frozen (no sugar or sodium added), canned fruit (in 100% juice), canned vegetables (no sodium added), dried (no sugar added)
- Whole Grains: Barley, brown rice, corn, oatmeal, popcorn, quinoa, tortillas (corn or whole wheat), whole grain bread, whole grain cereal (low-sugar), whole grain pasta
- Lean Proteins & Dairy: Beans and peas (dried or canned), cheese (reduced fat), eggs, Greek yogurt (low-fat or fat-free), kefir, meat (lean cuts), milk (low-fat or fat-free), poultry (skinless), seafood, tofu/tempeh, yogurt (low sugar and low-fat or fat-free)