Recipe Courtesy of Certified Angus Beef®
- 1 1/2 pounds Certified Angus Beef® Top Round Steak (1 1/2 inches thick)
- 1/3 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup Bourbon
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Minced Garlic
- 2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 2 tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Minced Fresh Ginger (optional)
- 2 teaspoons Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Chopped Cantaloupe
- 1 cup Chopped Honeydew
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1 teaspoon Snipped Fresh Mint
- Combine soy sauce, bourbon, sugar, oil, garlic, mustard, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, ginger, pepper and salt. Marinate steak 6 to 8 hours or overnight.
- Prepare a melon salsa by combining cantaloupe and honeydew with honey and mint. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Remove steak from marinade and discard marinade. Place steak on grill over medium heat. Grill to desired doneness, turning once. Transfer steak to cutting board and allow to rest 5 minutes. Slice diagonally across the grain into thin strips.
- Serve with salsa.