Pasta with Turkey Meatballs
- Kosher Salt
- 12 ounces Orecchiette Pasta
- 2 Bunches Broccolini, cut into bite-size pieces
- 8 ounces Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage, casings removed
- 1/4 cup Extra-virgin Olive Oil, plus more for drizzling
- 4 Cloves Garlic, thinly sliced
- Pinch of Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Large Egg
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1/2 cup Grated Ricotta Salata or Parmesan Cheese (about 2 oz)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and and cook as the label directs, adding the broccolini during the last 2 minutes of cooking. Reserve 1 cup cooking water, then drain the pasta and broccolini.
- Meanwhile, roll the sausage meat into about 20 small meatballs. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add th meatballs and cook, turning occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Pour off any drippings from the skillet, then add the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil, the garlic, red pepper flakes, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring, 1 minute. Add the pasta, broccolini and meatballs. Whisk the egg with reserved cooking water in a small bowl, then add to the skillet and stir until the sauce thickens slightly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the pasta among bowls. Sprinkle with the cheese and drizzle with olive oil.