Eggs Havana Style
Recipe Courtesy of Reasor's
- In a medium-size skillet over low heat, heat the oil until it is fragrant, and then cook the onion, bell pepper, and garlic, stirring, until tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, pimientos, and sherry, cook until thickened, 15 minutes, and season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly oil 4 ramekins or au gratin dishes and divide the sauce among them.
- For each dish, break two eggs into a saucer, slide them on top of the tomato mixture, and drizzle with 1 tablespoon melted butter.
- Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven until the whites are set and the yolks are still soft, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and parsley, and serve immediately from the baking dishes.