Recipe Courtesy of Reasor's
Hermits, the traditional early American cookie, are a dark, spicy cookie filled with nuts and fruit.
- Cream butter, sugar and molasses until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- In another bowl, combine flours, spices, baking soda and salt.
- Beat into butter mixture alternately with the coffee.
- Stir in nuts and raisins.
- Pour into lightly buttered 10-by-15-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- Cut into squares.
Servings: Makes 32 Hermits