Recipe Courtesy of Reasor's
While inexpensive, these burgers are hearty and satisfying. They are equally good served plain or in buns.
- 2 tablespoons Green Onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup Celery, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons Butter or Margarine
- 1 cup Cooked Soy or Other Dry Beans, mashed or chopped
- 1 cup Brown Rice, cooked
- 1 cup Sunflower Seeds, ground
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 teaspoons Sweet Pickle Relish
- 2 tablespoons Ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Soy Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Basil Leaves, crumbled
- 2 Eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/8 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Onion Rings, sliced and pickle slices
- Chili Sauce or Ketchup, optional
Add Ingredients to Shopping List
- Sauté onions and celery in 1 Tbsp. of the butter for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add to beans, rice, sunflower seeds, cheese, flour, pickle relish, catsup, soy sauce, basil, eggs and black pepper. Mix well. Add salt to taste.
- Shape into 8 patties about 1/2-inch thick.
- Heat remaining butter in large skillet. Add patties. Cook slowly, turning once, until well browned.
- Transfer to serving platter Garnish with sliced onion rings and pickle slices. Serve with chili sauce, if desired.